Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWA-SW contig to reference -- what was unaligned?

I used BWA-SW to align 60 contigs to a reference genome. The resulting SAM file has 339 entries (I did `samtools view -c myfile.sam`). All of these are "mapped" (`samtools view -c -F 4 myfile.sam`).

So BWA-SW, while aligning, broke the contigs into on average 5 or 6 pieces, is what I understand from that. I can visualize the alignments in IGV and they look good. What I'm trying to find out is: are there any sub-segments of those 60 contigs that were not successfully aligned to the reference genome I passed to BWA? In other words I have 339 sub-segments and I'm not sure if they fully constitute the 60 contigs I originally passed to BWA-SW.

I've searched for how to figure this out as best I can, but it seems like the majority of use cases for BWA are for aligning short reads, which is not what I'm doing at the moment. So I can find info on how to count unmapped reads but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation.

Thanks....

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses