No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird trace in Next-Seq run

Hi,

I have an issue with a recent Next-Seq run and I'm wondering if someone might have any insight. In this run, we pooled together two libraries that were prepared as a customization of the 10x 3' protocol.
    The first 25 base pairs seem to be okay, but then there is a stretch of about 75bp of T's. This is not something we were expecting in our library.
    I was thinking maybe the adaptor ligation for one of these libraries didn't work, and that possibly messes up the sequencing run? Any other idea would be greatly appreciated since at this point we're not sure what went wrong.

This is expected. You are sequencing through the poly-A tail. You can ignore this part of the data, and sequence only ~30 (?) cycles for the forward read next time.

Comment

Originally posted by luc View Post
      This is expected. You are sequencing through the poly-A tail. You can ignore this part of the data, and sequence only ~30 (?) cycles for the forward read next time.
      Correct, I think 10X says to do 28 cycles for R1, then 8 for i7, then 90 or however many cycles you have left for the insert read in R2
      Josh Kinman

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses