Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myrna generates all p-values = 1.000000e+00

I am trying to get myrna working on our bacterial RNA-seq data.

I first modified a reftools shell script to access EnsemblBacteria for the Streptococcus genome and this seems to work ok.

After running myrna all the directories and files seem to be created but all genes have a p-value of 1.000000e+00 in the pvals.txt file.

The dataset has no replicates so only has one fastq for each of 2 conditions, but I wouldn't expect all p-values to be exactly 1. Do i need more replicates or is something not running correctly within the process?

thanks

adam

Hi Adam,

Can you send me the log of your run? (Myrna prints out a message at the end indicating what the output-dump file is named.) Also, can you send me the count_table.txt file from the run?

Thanks,
    Ben

Originally posted by Adam Witney View Post
    I am trying to get myrna working on our bacterial RNA-seq data.

I first modified a reftools shell script to access EnsemblBacteria for the Streptococcus genome and this seems to work ok.

After running myrna all the directories and files seem to be created but all genes have a p-value of 1.000000e+00 in the pvals.txt file.

The dataset has no replicates so only has one fastq for each of 2 conditions, but I wouldn't expect all p-values to be exactly 1. Do i need more replicates or is something not running correctly within the process?

thanks

adam

Comment

Hi,

I'm facing a similar problem, but I get all the p-values as 0.000000e+00, which is also unlikely..
      Any conclusions on this issue?

Thanks,
      Rachelly.

Comment

In my case the p-value's of 1.000000e+00 were being generated as there were no replicates in this dataset.

I don't know enough about the system to answer your question, but maybe Ben can help you.

Adam

Comment

Same problem for us over here! All of our p-values come out as 1.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses