• Show
Clear All

The raw data is not complete, it should look like this:
    ./
    *.metadata.xml
    ./Analysis_Results
    [the files you have]

Comment

Command line AHA including howto to go from filtered subreads and corrected reads:
      https://github.com/PacificBioscience...ining/wiki/AHA

Comment

Originally posted by rhall View Post
        Command line AHA including howto to go from filtered subreads and corrected reads:
        I used the same guidelines and got error as:

Code:
        [ERROR] 2013-02-19 16:21:52,547 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeMain run 648] invalid literal for int() with base 10:
        I tried different input files (fasta, bas.h5) and different data, but same error for each of them. Not yet able to figure out whats going wrong.

About SMRT cells importing - kind of weired things happening.

I downloaded the complete data and imported it again. It showed a message "1 SMRT cell imported". However, in design jobs I do not see any SMRT cells available. I tried to use search option but no luck. Does import of SMRT cells need to be approved by administrator? I might be doing some silly mistake or missing some step

When I tried to re-import from same location, I got message "No New SMRT cells found".

Have you noticed something like this before.

Thanks
        Sagar

Comment

The [ERROR] is a python exception, could you post the entire log so we can get some more context?
          The SMRT cell should show up, it does not need to be approved, my only thought is that maybe you do not have a group assigned to you. If it is just a personal copy of SMRT portal, log in as administrator and check under 'admin' that you are in group 'all' (note you can place a user in multiple groups by 'ctrl' clicking), also check that your role is 'scientist' (although I'm not sure what the different roles actually mean).
          SMRT Cells will only import once, any further attempt will give 'No New SMRT cells found', so it sounds like they are there somewhere.

Comment

The [ERROR]
            The SMRT cell should show up, it does not need to be approved, my only thought is that maybe you do not have a group assigned to you.
            Hi, I am able to import the SMRT cells now. But When I ran the "RS_AHA_scaffolding.1" protocol with my assembly as reference, the job failed.

I have attached log file for the job that failed through SMRTportal (CF80_AHA.zip).

The [ERROR] is a python exception, could you post the entire log so we can get some more context?
            The log files for AHA job that failed through command line are also attached (smrtpipe.log.zip).

Many thanks for your help.

-Sagar
            Attached Files

Comment

For the command line job, the AHA workflow should be ran from a filtered subreads file. You will not get sensible results from a bas.h5 file, although it should work. pls2fasta can be used to convert from bas.h5 to fasta
              The SMRT portal job: It looks like the bas.h5 is corrupt, which would also explain the command line job failure. If this is the case, then pls2fasta will also fail, you can use h5dump to look at the contents of a h5 file.
              I have seen cases of corrupt bas.h5 files when they are transferred over ftp incorrectly.

Comment

AHA commandline solved

For the command line job, the AHA workflow should be ran from a filtered subreads file. You will not get sensible results from a bas.h5 file, although it should work. pls2fasta can be used to convert from bas.h5 to fasta
                I was able to run the AHA using command line and gave me scaffolds for the genome. I used fastX toolkit to convert filtered_subreads.fastq file to fasta format and used existing assembly as reference.

The XML files were created as described here:

The command used to run smrtpipe was:
                Code:
                /opt/Pacbio/smartanalysis/analysis/bin/smrtpipe.py --params=params.xml xml:input.xml >& smrtpipe.err
                Thanks to rhall and GenoMax for all the help. I am still trying to figure out running the SMRTportal and re-downloading the bas.h5 data.

Thanks
                Sagar

Comment

Originally posted by sagarutturkar View Post
                  I was able to run the AHA using command line and gave me scaffolds for the genome. I used fastX toolkit to convert filtered_subreads.fastq file to fasta format and used existing assembly as reference.

The command used to run smrtpipe was:
                  Code:
                  /opt/Pacbio/smartanalysis/analysis/bin/smrtpipe.py --params=params.xml xml:input.xml >& smrtpipe.err
                  However, when I revisit this for some other genome, I am getting errors again.

Code:
                  [ERROR] 2013-05-13 12:57:15,241 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeContext exit 557] Found error: Failed to find any links. Scaffolding failed.
                  [ERROR] 2013-05-13 12:57:15,241 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeMain run 648] SmrtExit Failed to find any links. Scaffolding failed.
                  Traceback (most recent call last):
                    File "/data2/smart/smartanalysis/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/SmrtPipeMain.py", line 612, in run
                      self._runModules(sModules)
                    File "/data2/smart/smartanalysis/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/SmrtPipeMain.py", line 346, in _runModules
                      instance.run()
                    File "/data2/smart/smartanalysis/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/modules/HybridAssembly.py", line 518, in run
                      self._context.exit("Failed to find any links. Scaffolding failed.")
                    File "/data2/smart/smartanalysis/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/SmrtPipeContext.py", line 558, in exit
                      raise SmrtExit(msg)
                  SmrtExit: SmrtExit Failed to find any links. Scaffolding failed.
                  [ERROR] 2013-05-13 12:57:15,243 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeMain exit 760] SmrtExit Failed to find any links. Scaffolding failed.
                  I have attached complete log files. Please help with this.

Thanks
                  Sagar
                  Attached Files

Comment

The error is simply that no reads have been found that link contigs. You can try changing the parameters:
                    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

I would also double check the reads, by mapping them to the contigs using a standard resequencing protocol.

Comment

rhall: You have linked the reference guide for smrtanalysis v.2.0. Is that applicable for v.1.4 (in case Sagar is still using that version).

We could never get the v.1.4 to work (smrtpipe.py) on the command line.

We are currently working with tech support to get just test data to work with v.2.0 (HGAP protocol) through SMRTportal. Have not thought about command line yet.
                      Last edited by GenoMax; 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

GenoMax:
                        Unfortunately the reference guide for 1.4 is not as easy to link to (pdf file). That protocol in particular has not changed, and the documentation will be the same.
                        For 1.4, you had SMRT portal working, but not command line smrtpipe.py? Given that SMRT portal basically generates parameter files then runs smrtpipe.py this would seem like it should have been a simple fix.

Comment

GenoMax:
                          For 1.4, you had SMRT portal working, but not command line smrtpipe.py? Given that SMRT portal basically generates parameter files then runs smrtpipe.py this would seem like it should have been a simple fix.
                          One would think so but the command line usage is disconnected from the SMRTportal in ways we do not fully understand (and have run into for the last 2-3 software revisions).

We use SGE on one cluster. smrtpipe.py when submitted from a qsub script job generates sub-"qsub" jobs on its own .. which SGE does not like.

If you want to know more we can confer off-line as I do not want to hijack this thread.

Comment

Some recent test data is available from:

This is Ecoli data, and has been used to demonstrate HGAP assembly. You can download the data, import it into SMRT Portal and used it as a test case for HGAP, Base Modification and resequencing pipelines.

Comment

PacBio RS|| data

Hi,

We recently got some Data from PacBio RS|| system which looks like this.

HTML Code:
                              10061/
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.ccs_stats.txt
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.ccs.fastq
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.1.1.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02_stats.txt
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.1.3.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.1.bas.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02_stats.txt
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.1.1.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.ccs.fastq
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.1.2.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.1.3.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.1.bas.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.1.2.bax.h5
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_D02.fastq
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.ccs_stats.txt
                              10061/PACBIO_DATA/XSBOR_20130726_RS42150_PL100036291-1_C02.fastq
                              However, When I copied same folder in inputs_dropbox folder and tried to import - It says no new SMRT cells to import. What might be the problem? After importing I changed the folder name. Also, I do not see the

HTML Code:
                              *.metadata.xml
                              ./Analysis_Results
                              folders as before. Any suggestions?

Comment

It looks like the files have been moved around and renamed, the simplest solution is probably to ask for the files again from the service provider in the original state.
                                GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

As a general rule, raw data from the instrument should not be moved from the generated directory structure and .h5 files should never be renamed.
                                Richard.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses