No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cluster density problem in TruSeq Small RNA library sequencing

Dear all
    I’ve sent a 8-indecies pooled sample for TruSeq Small RNA library illumina sequencing. Mention that I didn’t use kit and I used CATS protocol to make the library. QC was passed successfully. Concentration was 574ng/µl and 3594 nM. The size was 246 bp. Now my problem is that the company informed me that due to base concentration issue, they can’t calculate cluster density. Sequencing went successfully after 8 cycle. In order to fix this issue, they told me need put phiX more than 50% but they can’t guarantee the result. and I might get the half of the data except the amount of PhiX rate. Now I want to know is that amount of result scientifically validate. Or is there any other way to get a better result?

Sorry, I do not fully understand your description of the problem. In any case, it would be best to pool your libraries at a low percentage with other (best complex) libraries (that have differing barcodes) to get a look at data of these libraries.

I assume the problem is the poly-A tail added by the CATS protocol? The quality in this region will certainly be low if sequenced straight-up. On the other hand, you should not need data for these cycles of the read.

Comment

by percantage you mean the concentration?
      Last edited by neda; 07-24-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

by percantage you mean the concentration? unfortunately each of 8samples were at least 100 ng/microliter before pooling. I think It's high. do you think if I dilute the sample and resequence it with 50% of PhiX the problem would reded?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses