Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions of illumina pe reads fastqc results

We have a set of illumina paired-end RNA seq 50 bp data. The plot of per base sequnece quality is fine (I think), but the plot of Kmer Content looks very weird. I want to have some suggestions about what is wrong in this data. Does it suggest there is an adaptor contamination? Will trimming adaptors help? How should I find the sequence of these adaptors?

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files

The pink peak is CGTCT and the red is GTCTG, so I would guess you have the sequence CGTCTG in positions 15-20. Likewise, the it seems like the sequence, TATCTCGTATG in positions 38-48.

Somewhere on the SeqAnswers site has been posted Illumina paired end adaptors.

I found CGTCT in a few 5' Illumina adaptors, however, the CGTCT in the adaptors is always followed by a T and not a G.

Also, TCTCG is found in a couple of 3' Illumina adaptors, but it is followed by AGCATAC. So, I am not sure as to what the peaks you have are showing, and the adaptor sequences I have come from 2008.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses