No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RIN value output in bioanalyzer

Hi

I have just run the bioanalyzer for the first time. I was able to obtain a RIN number of 8 for my first sample, but the other one got RIN N/A. I can see that the only odd thing that differs between these two samples is that the one With no RIN value have a high rRNA ratio, of 9,0. What could the reason for this be? The electropherogram from this sample also shows a peak closly to the 28S peak.

I have search a bit on internet, but have not been able to find a Clear answere to this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fremtid1994; 08-22-2018, 01:58 AM.

It looks like you have an error on the lane and the ribosomal peaks are not being called correctly. You'll need to manually assign the 18s and 28s peaks, and address any errors in the lane before it will assign an RIN. It looks like both the 18s and 28s peaks are both being incorrectly identified--the narrower peaks look like the rRNA peaks to me. Not sure what the additional peak is, but it is definitely throwing things off and should be taken into consideration even if the software does give you a RIN.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses