No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASAVA 1.8 --use-bases-mask

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to use CASAVA 1.8. I am trying to demultiplex the samples using the configureBclToFastq.pl . I am having trouble understanding the --use-bases-mask option. For example, if I have a 2X75 bp PE run with 6bp long indices, then would the following be correct:

--use-bases-mask y75n,I6n,Y75n

Could anybody please help me understand it?

Thanks,
    P

hi aggp11,
    Yes that is correct. In case you want to call all the sequenced bases (read+index), then specifying --use-bases-mask is not needed as Casava would detect it from the XML config files. Say you want to read only the first 70bases of each read, then the option would be written as -
    --use-bases mask y70nnnnnn,I6n,y70nnnnnn

The n's from the last specify the bases to be not called. For 75bp seq., Illumina runs 76cycles. The last base being of low quality, generally, can be left out by saying 75n. Similarly, for the index also, 7 cycles are run where the last is left out by default.

Comment

--use-bases mask y70nnnnnn,I6n,y70nnnnnn
      short: --use-bases mask y70n6,I6n,y70n6

Comment

Comment

I was just trying to do this yesterday, thanks for clarifying it!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            Yesterday, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses