Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differential expression detection using paired controls??

Dear all,

I am using RNA-seq with Illumina data and I want to assess genes that are differentially expressed in response to my treatment.
    My design is the following:
    I have two treatment levels: control and heat treatment and for each two biological replicates taken from plants originating from two natural populations.

I want to know which genes are responding in the same way to the heat treatment in both populations. For this I was planning to use DESeq taking data of both populations as biological replicates. My problem, however, is that due to the long separation of the two populations the base expression (expression at control conditions) has already changed for a considerable part of the genes. So I believe using those replicates for the calculation of the variance function (used for the overdispersion) will yield a high biological variance not allowing me any more to detect genes e.g. that increase their expression upon treatment in both populations but already have a changes base expression.

To solve this issue I was wondering if some kind of tests exist that take into account paired controls, if this would be reasonable approach and whether anybody has some experience with this?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses