No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos or Media for NGS technologies

Hi everybody,
    I'm not exactly sure this is the right spot to post this, but I couldn't have found a better place in this forum.

I'm looking for videos, short films, cartoons etc. which can explain live the new sequencing technologies.
    I need to do a presentation of the various technologies (454, Illumina, Heliscope, Iontorrent, etc. ) but I couldn't find good video presentations of the system.

Does anyone know about where I can find something like that? Each firm has its own video section, but they are not so good, as I am only looking for videos with the technology itself and not all the rest about the devices, the needs and commercial needs.

Thanks a lot for any help I'll get.

Assa

Funny you bring that up.

I am putting together plans to do such a thing, the challenge has been finding a lab or advocate within a lab that will allow it. Volunteers in Northern California welcomed! Better yet I'd love to get the wider community to contribute short videos or pictures of their own systems and lab setups.

Also...moving this to General.

Comment

I would love to see the videos Eco comes up with.

Comment

I found some on YouTube recently. There are some recorded lectures from NIH. This seems most relevant to your question:

Tuesday, February 16, 2010. Elliott Margulies, Ph.D. Current Topics in Genome Analysis 2010Handout: http://www.genome.gov/Pages/Research/IntramuralResearch/D...

But there are many others too; many are available via the GenomeTV YouTube channel:

NHGRI is the driving force for advancing genomics research at the National Institutes of Health. By conducting and funding world-class genomics research, training the next generation of genomics experts, and collaborating with diverse communities, NHGRI accelerates scientific and medical breakthroughs that improve human health. Learn more at https://www.genome.gov.

I recently posted a (two-part) video talking a little bit about cloud computing and genomics:

It's surprisingly easy to make screencasts with programs like iShowU HD.

Hope that helps,
        Ben

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses