SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > De novo discovery

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rare cancer mutation detection pipeline dietmar13 Bioinformatics 14 04-09-2014 10:32 PM
Mpileup/BCFtools pipeline not picking up indels (suggestions please) cam.jack Bioinformatics 7 05-17-2013 01:05 PM
Suggestions for examining Nif gene diversity in soil and root?? ramsemm Illumina/Solexa 0 10-26-2012 12:34 PM
Looking for positive selection pipeline suggestions JueFish Bioinformatics 0 09-25-2012 08:23 AM
Looking for a pipeline - SV detection mit mate pair tristanstoeber Illumina/Solexa 0 02-17-2012 04:24 AM

Old 01-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Galo

Lightbulb Pipeline suggestions for gene detection

Hi everybody!

I've been searching this question through the internet and forum but I didn't find an answer.

I'm working with a non annotated (Scaffold stage) genome (Leptinotarsa decemlineata or Colorado Potato Beetle). I want to know if a receptor from a close specie (Tribolium castaneum) wich is annotated and thus, available in FASTA, is within Colorado Potato Beetle genome. I want to know this because, in that case, I would want to silence it using mRNAi.

So I think the first step is to run a BLAST, wich I already ran, and find if there is homology, wich I found in two scaffolds.

From here, and sorry for bother you with my naive questions, I do not know what to do to finally get a presumptive mRNA(CDS) and/or information about introns and exons.

My actual question is: Can you suggest me any pipeline using the appropriate bioinformatic tools to get that mRNA?

Thank you in advance!

Tags
find, gene, mrna, pipeline