SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
g-tubes and centrifuge compatibility JBKri Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 07-02-2015 01:06 AM
what are the output files (barcode name: no barcode) after running sequencing? super0925 Ion Torrent 2 09-02-2014 02:24 AM
library compatibility Laruo 454 Pyrosequencing 6 03-13-2013 02:02 PM
Checking in Admiralenola Introductions 0 07-09-2012 04:31 AM
Demultilplexing Sequences according to barcode --- Homemade script Giorgio C Bioinformatics 9 10-14-2011 07:17 AM

Old 08-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
MLog

Default script for checking barcode compatibility

Hi everyone,

a colleague of mine wrote a script that checks the compatibility of barcodes used in different sample prep kits for Illumina (Truseq LT/HT, Nextera, Nugen) - for the case when we need to pool samples made with different kits on one Hiseq lane or Miseq/Nextseq run. (We consider as compatible those barcodes that have edit distance greater or equal to 3.)
I find it very helpful so I took the liberty to post the link - http://makarich.fbb.msu.ru/shelkmike...check_eng.html
I hope, it will be useful for many other Illumina users.

(I know that Illumina does not support pooling different libraries, e.g. Nextera and Truseq or Truseq LT and Truseq HT, but we do this and this works fine).
MLog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #2
JakobHedegaard

Hi, thank you very much for sharing this.
I have made a simple and a bit rough R-script (attached) to compare two list of indexes and return a similarity matrix, which can be used to select index combination with at least 3 bases difference.
Presently I am trying to implement a "base-balance check" to verify the G/T vs A/C balance. Are you considering to implement this in your tool?
Another nice add-on to your tool would be the possibility to upload lists of indexes.
Cheers,
/Jakob
Attached Files
File Type: txt compare_index_R.txt (7.6 KB, 27 views)
JakobHedegaard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barcodes, nextera, nugen, truseq