No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No usable reads

Hi everybody!
    I have a problem with my last run (chip 316) on Ion torrent.
    I had only a 31% of loading so I thought it was a charge problem.
    But in addition I have 0% of usable reads and 3% of live ISPs.
    What's the problem? Could it be the dilution factor of my library (64 barcodes) before the emulsion pcr? or it's an upstream problem when preparing libraries?
    Many thanks for who can help me.
    Isabella

Ciao Isabella!
    Some troubleshooting information can be obtained from the report.
    How did the consensus keys look?
    Were the test fragments OK (according to the % 50AQ17 and histogram)?
    If you want, share the PDF run report, it'd be easier to troubleshoot.

Comment

Ciaooooo!
      Here I attached the PDF run report...horrible!

Could the problem be the dilution factor of my library (64 barcodes) before the emulsion pcr? or maybe the chip loading?

Please help!

Grazie mille
      Attached Files

Comment

Ciao Isabella!
        I see that the consensus key is very low... I would think that you had an issue with either the polymerase or the sequencing primer... or with the run itself.
        You do have a huge % of "no template" ISPs and very low policlonality. You mention the dilution factor of your libraries, do you suspect having used too few DNA at the emulsion PCR step? But then you should have likely removed the empty beads at the ES purification step, having very few ISP left, and you'd see a lot of test fragment ISPs in the run. (Do you by chance save those 2ul of ISPs for the Ion Sphere Quality Control Kit on the Qubit?)

Comment

P.S.: There's a useful document from the now-defunct IonCommunity called "How to assess a PGM sequencing run report". Do you have it? I don't know where Thermo would be storing it nowadays, if it wasn't lost forever in the pyre.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses