Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Artur,
    yes, that makes sense. Thus I shall not take in consideration the p/q values and their consequent significance.

I did follow the tophat/cufflinks/cuffcompare/cuffdiff pipeline, but I had a doubt and ran it twice with a difference. I shall outline that I have one control sample and 7 treated samples but I am not using them as replicates, thus I ran them separately each of them against the control.

1st run: tophat.cufflinks with refence annotation; then cuffcompare with the cufflinks of all 7 samples and control sample plus reference annotation. I used this output of couffcompare as input for 7 cuffdiffs (one for each of the 7 treated samples).

2nd run: tophat/cufflinks with reference annotation, then cuffcompare with cufflinks of each of the treated samples with reference annotation (thus I have 7 cuffcompare outputs). I used one by one each of these cuffcompare outputs to run 7 cuffdiffs.

My question: I have more consistent results when I run a cuffcompare which includes all my cufflinks (control + 7 treated) rather than cifflink control+cufflink treated one by one. Similarly, I do have more interesting results if I run 7 different cuffdiff rather thn one cuffdiff by taking my 7 treated samples as replicates (these 7 samples are 7 people biopsis of the same tumor)

which way is best? I can use the first run and take it as reliable?

sorry for long question...Hope you can help.

thanks,
    ib

Comment

interpretation of FPKM tracking files at gene level

hi guys,

quick question for you cuffdiff-output experts:

I'm having trouble understanding why the gene level fpkm tracking file shouldn't be unique in the gene short name. That's what I thought the description entailed (sums over isoforms to get gene level FPKM matrix) from the cufflinks website:

genes.fpkm_tracking Gene FPKMs. Tracks the summed FPKM of transcripts sharing each gene_id

Instead, e.g., I get

users-mac-pro:cuffdiff_SE_plus_PE_trimmed_all_samples user$ grep ADAR genes.fpkm_tracking | cut -f 1-6
      XLOC_000826 - - XLOC_000826 ADAR TSS1470
      XLOC_002045 - - XLOC_002045 ADAR TSS3725,TSS3726,TSS3727,TSS3728
      XLOC_003087 - - XLOC_003087 ADARB2 TSS5153
      XLOC_003599 - - XLOC_003599 ADARB2 TSS6095,TSS6096,TSS6097,TSS6098
      XLOC_019202 - - XLOC_019202 ADARB1 TSS32453,TSS32454,TSS32455
      XLOC_019369 - - XLOC_019369 ADARB1 TSS32746

All the TSS id's correspond to the same physical locus. I am misunderstanding why gene short id is different than gene id. Can you please help me interpret this data?

thanks,
      tankman

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses