SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can small rnaseq data be analyzed like rnaseq data? PFS Bioinformatics 5 05-02-2017 08:16 AM
who coined RNAseq? RNAseq as an alignment first approach only brachysclereid Bioinformatics 3 01-10-2012 12:17 PM
Intron coverage in RNAseq dariober Bioinformatics 19 11-29-2011 01:51 AM
"coverage" of introns, intergenic regions for RNASEQ PFS Bioinformatics 2 09-07-2011 01:51 PM
low 454 coverage combined with high solexa coverage strob Bioinformatics 7 10-07-2010 10:14 AM

Old 06-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
Trudy

Exclamation coverage RNAseq

I would like to determine the coverage of mapped reads in exons, introns and intergenic regions.
Are there tools that could help me?

Thanks
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
mbblack

Do you have access to any commercial programs? ParTek will generate such a summary report, after indexing to Refseq, Ensembl or AceView transcripts (or a custom annotation that you create).

You should also be able to do this with bedtools and you could use UCSC Genome Table Browser to get the appropriate regions as BED files. If you select, for example, "knownGene" and give your output a file name, then click "get output" you will go to a screen where you can select exons, introns, and so forth.

bedtools includes a "coverageBed" tool (compare one BED file of reads to another you've created from the UCSC Table Browser) and "complementBed" could be used to get the intergenic regions.

I've not used bedtools for this though, since I have a Partek license, I went with that.
mbblack is offline   Reply With Quote