SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A tool to assemble diploid gene sequences? ymc Bioinformatics 3 07-05-2012 07:46 PM
Software for mapping translated nucleotide sequences to a local reference database NYGAWI Bioinformatics 2 04-24-2012 09:05 AM
PubMed: Nucleotide Bias Observed with a Short SELEX RNA Aptamer Library. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-29-2011 02:00 AM
PubMed: PositionMatcher: A Fast Custom-Annotation Tool for Short DNA Sequences. Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 02-28-2011 08:00 AM

Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Dolphin22

Default Tool for short nucleotide sequences

Hey there,

I am not sure where to put that so I opened a thread here.
I have a bunch of short nucleotide sequences (21 nts). My goal is to align these sequences to all introns of the TAIR10 genome of Arabidopsis. Additionally, in each of the sequences one nucleotide was exchanged.
My first thought was to create a position specific matrix (to include the positional effects of the mutated nucleotides) and then run the alignment againts the TAIR10 sequences.

Does anyone know any appropriate software to do this? And perhaps you have a better solution to do this.
Dolphin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Melissa

Talking

Nope. If i am to do this, I'll use a simple approach that you most probably would have thought of...

1) generate a list of 21 nt sequences with one mutated nucleotide
2) align these sequences against TAIR genome using Blastn, Bowtie and BWA etc Personally prefer blastn but need to filter alignments with x number of mismatches. Depends also how many sequences are in "a bunch".
3) Filter for alignments in introns (using TAIR gff file)
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote