SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
megan5:Parse error: java.util.NoSuchElementException vinumanikandan Bioinformatics 0 02-25-2015 10:23 PM
NCBI eutils, perl, a small parsing problem rhinoceros Bioinformatics 2 08-04-2013 11:01 AM
bioperl blast parsing problem Mark Bioinformatics 9 04-27-2013 04:22 PM
parsing bam taha.hojati Bioinformatics 2 06-19-2012 03:52 PM
Parsing COSMIC Lee Sam Bioinformatics 0 06-28-2010 07:11 AM

Old 07-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Letia

Default MEGAN5: parsing problem?

I have an assembled transcriptome that I blasted against the nr_db from NCBI. I want to use MEGAN to get some taxonomic information on the reads. I imported my blast xml files into MEGAN5 and all seemed to work fine. When I click a node to inspect which hits are associated with a given taxon I encounter a problem. The majority of the hits are listed correctly with the query id header but some do not have a header and the hole sequence or parts of a sequence is displayed. This results in incomplete sequences when I want to extract subsets of reads. This is how it looks like: Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 12.14.39.png

I have no clue what is happening there and how to fix it. Anyone encountered a similar problem?

Could there be a problem with the blast xml input files? Or is it a parsing problem? Any idea how to fix this?

Any help is apreaciated!
Letia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
hoytpr

Hello Letia,
I am having the same problem and have emailed Daniel Huson about it. I worry it is something I have done wrong, but hopefully Daniel can recognize it and tell me what to do correctly.

Peter
hoytpr is offline   Reply With Quote