SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using SureSelect XT for WGS Library Generation j_he Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 04-09-2019 06:59 PM
Newbie Help for 1D^2 library shearing yiyi_Z Oxford Nanopore 3 04-02-2019 06:31 AM
1-hour NGS library preparation without DNA shearing? BioDynami Vendor Forum 0 02-05-2017 08:50 PM
WGS on a tiny invertebrate: what library prep and assembly strategy would you use? kmkocot General 1 08-26-2016 02:06 PM
Library QC- cntrl loci enrichment doesn't match pre and post library generation yogioner Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 12-03-2012 03:40 PM

Old 02-27-2020, 04:31 AM   #1
DelphineC

Default Shearing DNA pre-library for WGS

Hi there,

I was trying to find some information to help me figure out what I could do to better shear some DNA. I found you advertising for qSonica while others are still using probe or Covaris.

I have been testing a few samples for which I would like to obtain fragment size between 300-350bp.

My setting were time varying from 30sec to 5min30sec, no pulse, amplitude 20% and temperature 4 degrees Celsius. Also my tubes are filled with 50ul of DNA (with low TE for a concentration ~287ng). When I run the samples after each addition of 30sec, it seems that I could get more 300-350bp for a total shearing time of 90s. However, I have a massive range (not so much of a pick) going from ~100bp to 700bp. If shearing for longer, the range is lower with more fragments lower than 300bp.

I was wondering if there were a reason for getting such results instead of a cleaner shearing (a real pick but of course there will be smaller fragment size).

Am I fouled by it and should I get much more when really increasing the time (e.g., 10mins?)

That will be fantastic if anyone had any tips as, unfortunately, I don't have much spare of DNA to test.

Thanks in advance.
DelphineC is offline   Reply With Quote