SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which kit for PCR products SylvainL Illumina/Solexa 1 02-05-2015 08:42 AM
Balance many PCR products for pooling Marius Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 05-02-2014 05:21 PM
Normalization of 16S PCR products cmazzoni Metagenomics 0 07-21-2011 05:17 AM
Sequencing PCR products windhorse8 Introductions 0 05-27-2011 11:27 AM
Sequencing for PCR products of different sizes deepakpatilp Illumina/Solexa 0 10-25-2010 07:15 AM

Old 03-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
loly

Default Poor PCR products

Hi everyone,

Actually, i am working on gene expression project and aimed to use RT-PCR and NGS methods. The NGS method work well BUT the PCR product for RT-PCR method was poor.

I designed the primers using primer-BLAST and then run PCR to check the presence and absence of the product. I run the gel but there was no products/no amplifications. I tried other primers but still no products. My target sequences have a lots of low complexity regions, and based on what i read the low complexity regions consume the PCR product and caused the failure PCR (no products). So I concentrated on the NGS method only instead of using RT-PCR. My question is ..is this enough to justify the reason of excluded the RT-PCR method cause of the low complexity regions which is led to the failure PCR or i should try other primers until its work ?? Or there is another possible reasons to get this failure PCR?

Thanks
loly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poor pcr products