No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird annovar output after variant calling

Hello all,

I ran Annovar recently and I'm currently analyzing the results.
    I gained an output file (tab delimited file) with 11 colums.
    An example entry is given here:
    avsift 0.53 chr1 10335315 10335315 G A hom 28.1 6 20

I followed the steps on this website:

where i went to link 2 "Samtools genotype-calling pileup format"
    and then looked at the 3rd code block.

The example stated on their website is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. The problem however is that in my case i have 11 instead of 9 columns, and the last column (used for the number of mutations found in the total amount of reads for that position) is 99% of the time '20'.

This is also the case for a read depth lower then 20.
    (So there are cases of a nucleotide found 4 times total, with 20 of those being labeled as SNP...)

My question is: Did other people run into this or do people know how to fix this?

My current sollution would be a workaround to make a script which searches for the SNP in the annovar output format and then generate the last column by searching for the given position in the mPilup file.

Pease, anyone?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses