SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draft genome scaffolding with RNAseq paired-end reads JPZ Bioinformatics 7 02-10-2015 02:05 AM
scaffolding GAII paired-end library with Hiseq mate-pairs stevebaeyen Bioinformatics 17 02-27-2013 01:45 AM
scaffolding without paired-end, mate pair yifangt Bioinformatics 4 07-13-2012 08:52 AM
Tools to identify read pairs? Kennels Bioinformatics 1 04-30-2012 08:48 PM
Simulate Illumina read-pairs gene coder Bioinformatics 4 07-07-2011 03:37 AM

Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
marct

Default re-scaffolding using BAC end read pairs

Hello,

I have a vertebrate genome assembly with contigs and scaffolds generated from ~80X PE Illumina small-insert and mate-pair libraries. There are also some BAC scaffolds and a few thousand BAC Sanger reads available for this species in the GenBank Trace database. I would like to use these publicly available data to merge scaffolds and improve on the Illumina-only assembly.

Aligning the assembled BAC scaffolds to the original genome scaffolds and generating consensus sequences to merge contigs/scaffolds seems fairly straightforward, can anyone recommend a method/pipeline that has worked for them? This was mentioned once here http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...ght=sspace+bac

I assume I can use the BAC end paired sequences with a scaffolding tool such as SSPACE (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=11 ) but what is the best way to trim or at least incorporate quality scores? I don't think I want to simply use the raw traces downloaded from GenBank, unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Thanks!
marct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bac, bac scaffold, scaffolding, sspace