Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4C Question

I did my first 4C libraries and it seem to work fine. The protocol is long but easy. The principle is quite clear to me but I have a question to the final step. I start with 10 million cells and potentially expect 20 Million interaction between my viewpoint and other DNA sequences. I’m very aware that with the two digest and 2 ligation I will end up with a super pure efficiency and just a view circular DNAs containing my viewpoint. In addition they have to be small enough to be amplified by PCR.
    My Idea for the final library amplification including Barcodes and Linker for the Illumina platform would be to take a lot of DNA after the second ligation (to ensure to get the most complexity of different interaction) and just do the minimum of cycles to ensure that shorter sequences will not overwhelm longer during the PCR. But the protocol sais I should do a 16 PCR with 30Cycles which reaches the plato of the reaction and pool them afterwords. Since just some pg of this DNA is used to load on the Illumina Flow-cell. I’m a bit pusselnd why 4C follows this stategie. I would be happy if someone knows it or has a useful link to the answer.

Indeed there are 20 million possible interactions, but in reality the number is much smaller. The reason for large volumes and large number of cycles is therefore to have more specific PCR product (which starts from very few molecules) compared to input DNA. Otherwise you would be mostly quantifying your non-amplified input. The reaction itself is sometimes still not even saturated at 30 cycles.

Comment

Thanks so much for your answer! If the only problem is the library quantification, it would be better to measure PCRed DNA fragments having the Illumina adapters by KAPA qPCR after some few PCR cycles. The non amplified DNA input should not interfere with the sequencing since it contains no adapter sequence needed to bind to the flow-cell or?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses