SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Case for why Genohub should be used for getting quotes and handling all your NGS work Genohub Service Providers 0 07-23-2016 12:26 PM
NGS Data Processing, Samtools, GATK, IGV Rez Bioinformatics 0 09-28-2012 06:36 AM
NAR: PileLineGUI a desktop environment for handling NGS genome position files. gonvader Literature Watch 0 06-09-2011 03:59 AM
Any good programs for handling solexa data? Burkholderia Introductions 1 08-13-2010 02:50 PM

Old 01-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
Alarrisa

Question Handling NGS data using IGV??

Good evening,

I do not work in bioinformatics, I have chosen a module in bioinformatics and completely out of my depth!
I have an assessment where I am given a reference bacterial genome in FastA format and a GFF file containing the annotations and the position of predicted genes.
I have illumine sequence reads generated by shotgun sequencing of genomes of several closely related bacteria.
The objective: identify interesting differences among the sequenced bacterial genomes!
I have no idea how to interpret this data. I started the module late due to personal reasons and I have 2 weeks to submit a poster with my findings!!

Can one or a few of you bioinformatics wizards help me out please?

Last edited by Alarrisa; 01-30-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: it was wrong
Alarrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
GenoMax

Can you tell us what you have learned as a part of this module? Do you know what the raw data looks like? What needs to be done with it in terms of QC/clean-up? Do you know what sequence alignment is with reference to NGS data? Are you limited to certain tools? Are you allowed to use online tools?
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote