Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exome sequencing

Hey I am trying to sequence the melanoma exome to find somatic mutation involved in the melanoma. I am very new to this technique and I have some questions regarding this:

1)Generally how many exomes from different melanoma samples need to be done to get some satisfactory results?
    2)What coverage is essential for such a study? Initially I was thinking of around 30X but some papers have used nearly 100X. Will I be okay with 30X coverage of the exome?

Your help is well appreciated.

hello every body, i'm a new member and hope that you help me
    i want to perform an exome sequencing on oral cancer cases using illumina. i need you to help me with a good protocol for doing so
    thanks

Comment

exome sequencing

i want to perform an exome sequencing on oral cancer cases using illumina. i need you to help me with a good protocol for doing so
      thanks

Comment

30x is definitely not enough, since it means 30x averge, so you will get a lot of regions with very few sequences, that will make impossible for you to resolve heterozygous mutations. Go 50x or 100x.

Comment

Originally posted by AJERYC View Post
          30x is definitely not enough, since it means 30x averge, so you will get a lot of regions with very few sequences, that will make impossible for you to resolve heterozygous mutations. Go 50x or 100x.
          How many x also depends on your enrichment kit. For example, according to the BGI paper, for 90% call sensitivity, Nimblegen SeqCap EZ v1 needs 50x, Agilent SureSelect All Exon needs 80x.

Comment

Cell lines have the benefit of being a relatively pure population of clonal cells and thus represent a particular snapshot of cancers. Is there anybody who have seen a paper using exome-seq with 100x coverage based on cell line? If there is not, does it means that we don't need perform that deep sequencing due to its purity?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

[QUOTE=gensdei;88907]Cell lines have the benefit of being a relatively pure population of clonal cells and thus represent a particular snapshot of cancers. Is there anybody who have seen a paper using exome-seq with 100x coverage based on cell line? If there is not, does it means that we don't need perform that deep sequencing due to its purity?

Theoretically a cell line is homozygous and that is more easy to resolve with NGS so you could go 10-30x.

Comment

[QUOTE=AJERYC;88920]
                Originally posted by gensdei View Post
                Cell lines have the benefit of being a relatively pure population of clonal cells and thus represent a particular snapshot of cancers. Is there anybody who have seen a paper using exome-seq with 100x coverage based on cell line? If there is not, does it means that we don't need perform that deep sequencing due to its purity?

Theoretically a cell line is homozygous and that is more easy to resolve with NGS so you could go 10-30x.
                To be more specific, exome-seq from cell line have no variant sites, e.g, SNP? Theoretically is it true? If so, you are right, no need for deep sequencing. What about exome-seq from cancer cell line? Did anybody see a paper on 100x exome-seq data from cancer cell line? Thanks.
                Last edited by gensdei; 11-10-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hagir View Post
                  thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses