No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing two ChIP-seq libraries

Hello,

I am new to ChIP-seq data mining (by myself) and I am having a hard time comparing two ChIP-seq data sets. Could you tell me if my pipeline is correct and if I should add a normalization step somewhere? I am simply going through this with each one of my IP-Input files and looking at the genome browser. The problem is the IP of sample B is sequenced at a bigger depth than sample A and it seems the peaks are not all being called. When I compare to previously published data it seems I am missing some peaks on sample B. I thought about changing some thresholds on sample B but then the pipeline would be different from sample A... So, what should I do to ensure all my peaks are present in sample B but the data is still comparable to sample A? Thanks!!!

Samples : H3K4me3 and Input data on sample A and H3K4me3 and Input data on sample B.

Original file : BAM (from the sequences).

My pipeline :

Sort pair-ended BAM files by read name
    samtools sort –n c3h.input.bam c3h.input.sorted

Convert BAM files to FASTQ format
    bam2fastx -q -Q -A -o c3h.input.fastq -P -N c3h.input.sorted.bam

Map reads to the genome
    bowtie2 –p 8 -x ~/Data/Genomes/mm10/bt2idx/bt2idx -1 c3h.input.1.fastq -2 c3h.input.2.fastq -S c3h.input.sam&

Bowtie2 options:

End-to-end alignment (default) vs. local alignment (--local)

Paired-end alignment: -1 mate1.fq -2 mate2.fq

Concordant + discordant alignment (default) vs. concordant only (--no-discordant)

Mixed mode: paired where possible; otherwise unpaired (default) vs. paired-only mode (--no-mixed)

Overlapping with the other mate is concordant (default) vs. (--no-overlap)

Containing the other mate is concordant (default) vs. (--no-contain)

Dovetailing the other mate is discordant (default) vs. (--dovetail)

Bowtie2 output:

Mapping quality: MAPQ

Peak analysis using MACS2
    macs2 callpeak -t ~/Data/BCCRC/chipseq/mapping/tt2.k4m3.sam -c ~/Data/BCCRC/chipseq/mapping/tt2.input.sam -f SAM -g mm -n tt2.k4m3 -B -q 0.01 --outdir ~/Data/BCCRC/chipseq/tt2.k4m3.out

MACS2 options:

-g (genome size, mm=1.87e9)

-B/-bdg (bedGraph format for pile-up files)

-q (The qvalue (minimum FDR) cutoff to call significant regions)

Thank you! I am a bit at lost as it has been already a couple of months we are trying to get this done...

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses