Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluidigm C1 for Illumina Seq

Our core has been using the Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Analyzer for generating cDNA for Illumina seq with the NEXTera kits. Do any other cores offer this service? I was trying to establish a fair price and looking to see what kind of issues others have encountered? So far, the biggest problem we have encountered is capture inefficiency on the C1 chip. However, with certain cultured cells we have gotten great capture. We normally run into problems with primary cells dying in the chip. Anyone have any troubleshooting advice?

I wish I had advice but we are having the same issue.

The only thing we have discovered is that even though they tell you that you can run the capture up to 3X to increase the capture number on the small cells, it isn't worth the time and effort-you might get 2 more.

Comment

Kwaraska-
      Thanks for the reply. I know this is a relatively new instrument, so we are trying to work out all the kinks. Please keep me updated if you have any new tips or tricks and I will do the same.

Comment

We're interested in trying single-cell RNA seq as well. Does anyone know of a core or service provider currently offering this as a service?

Can those of you who have the fluidigm system in hand give any info as to the price? In this thread, $23/sample was mentioned as the library cost. Does that seem right?

Thanks for any help or additional thoughts. I'm very interested to see whether this is feasible for us!

Comment

You mention you are in Boston.

The BPF at Harvard Medical School has a C1.

Here is a link to the website www.genome.med.harvard.edu
          Last edited by kwaraska; 11-14-2013, 08:49 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses