No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CuffDiff tries to get 23G swap and is killed

Folks

I am having trouble getting a CuffDiff run to successfully complete. It runs
    24-28 hours then gets killed by my LSF scheduler with an exit code of 137
    which translates to 9 or job memory issues.

The accounting info is below
    Accounting information about this job:
    Share group charged </hazards>
    CPU_T WAIT TURNAROUND STATUS HOG_FACTOR MEM SWAP
    736582.94 5 107561 exit 6.8480 23214M 26089M

The job is getting killed because its asking for 26G of swap which is not available.

I have tried a series of runs halving the --max-bundle-frags from the default 1000000 (--max-bundle-frags 250000 is the most recent failure ) . I am looking at 19 conditions at once because the researchers asked for an all vs all comparison. The size of the 19 conditions ranges from 60-128 million reads(single end actually). Both Tophat141/Bowtie0.12.9 and Tophat2.0.7/Bowtie0.12.9 align the files just fine. No errors with CuffMerge

I am using CuffLinks 2.0.2 and using -p 16. My compute nodes have 24G ram and 2G swap.

Are there other options I could evaluate to try to get CuffDiff to ask for less memory?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses