Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with running Quake

Hi, I am new to this area and I am currently working on Highseq data analysis.There are some problems with running quake. I have this output from the software Quake:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapped_file::ErrorMMap'
    what(): Can't open file '/Quake/bin/test/a.dbm':
    /bin/sh: line 1: 29698 Aborted /Quake/bin/jellyfish qdump -c /Quake/bin/test/a.dbm > a.list.qcts
    Optimization of distribution likelihood function to choose k-mer cutoff failed. Very likely you have set the value of k too high or not provided adequate coverage (>15x). Inspect the k-mer counts for a clear separation of the error and true k-mer distributions.
    Guessing quality values are on ascii 64 scale
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./quake.py", line 287, in ?
    main()
    File "./quake.py", line 124, in main
    cutoff = get_cutoff()
    File "./quake.py", line 163, in get_cutoff
    exit(1)
    TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

I changed the value of K,but the problem still there. I do not know how to solve this problem.
    Thanks for anyone that could help.

I had several different problems using Quake, and when I got your error it was due to a wrong guessing of the ascii scale. Try using -q parameter (it should be in 33 scale in your case) when you use quake.py, or count-qmers and correct commands.
    I hope this helps!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses