No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 Library / Emulsion / Instrument Protocols (October 2008)

Three protocol PDFs attached that I stumbled upon on the web, I thought some of you may be interested.
    Attached Files

These documents are of a great help.
    Do they exist for the other instruments?

C'mon Mr Illumina and Mr AB, we need some information like your friend's Mr Roche.

Comment

cDNA from Evrogen with Ti

Has anybody had any experience with Ti sequencing Evrogen Trimmer Direct cDNA? For a 2 region Ti, we got 67 Mb and only 20% pass. The support people feel it is a problem in the emulsion PCR. Any help would be much appreciated. We've sequenced ~30-40 similar samples with FLX and no problems (over 100 Mb, ~440,000 reads per run).

Comment

Hello, I´m a new member.

Originally posted by ECO View Post
        Three protocol PDFs attached that I stumbled upon on the web, I thought some of you may be interested.
        Hello, I´m user of a 454 Flx system and I´ll use PTS (Parallel Tagged Sequence) and Selector Technology to sequencing 18 kbp of targeted genomic DNA from 500 samples, any ideas are wellcome!!
        Thank you for the three protocol pdf!
        Last edited by futuro_cortina; 03-09-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Pts

Hi, hope your PTSequencing worked well. How did you sort out the data? I tried using AVA software to process my untagged reads and had problems. Any ideas appreciated.
          Thanks.

Comment

454 Titanium Sequencing manual

Does anyone have the latest version of 454 sequencing manual that shows the bead loading procedure? Thanks.

Comment

Hello I am a user of 454 sequencing technology. The three manuals was a treasure for me. does anyone have the GS FLX Titanium Sequencing Method Manual?Thanks

Comment

hey Stella,

you got mail!
                see you in Edinburgh!

Is Nicola already on her maternity leave?

Comment

Can anyone send me a copy of the 454 Titanium Sequencing Manual please?

Comment

I have it! Can I have your mail or something so I can send it to you?

Comment

PTS Wisdom?

Hi
                      We are currently working on de novo RNA-seq and re-sequencing in a pre-genome species (onion) and are interested in PTS or a similar generic barcoding approach to enable us to do population genetic studies.
                      If anyone can give me any opinion or advice concerning this approach I'd be really grateful. To date we are just working with barcoded primers

Regards
                      John

Comment

Hi
                        We are trying to work out cDNA sequencing using 454, but Titanium did not work, and Standard was severely affected by polyA tail despite the nice profile of the sstDNA library.
                        We used Dynabeads for mRNA purification, and Stratagen Just cDNA kit for ds cDNA synthesis (1st strand primed by none-anchored oligo dT from the kit). Our samples tend to have long polyA tail, and we found 454 sequencing cannot tolerate this.
                        We are trying anchored dT primer now, but would appreciate any suggestion, such as choice of kit, 1st strand priming method (dT vs random primer?), or any tips in improving library constrcution for greater chance of success in sequencing?
                        Thank you.

Comment

jade, take a look at this - it might help.

Comment

re Poly A etc

We have had very nice results from Ti sequencing of normalised cDNA prepared using Evrogen Mint + Trimmer kits, using a modified 3' Primer XXXXXXXXXXX(T)4G(T)9C(T)10VN as described by Beldade et al.

The information posted at http://www.cees.uio.no/research/faci...equencing.html was very useful.

Comment

cDNA sequencing

Many thanks to Bertie and mccallumj. The info are indeed very helpful!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses