No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test significant linkage disequilibrium

Hi, everyone.

I had read a paper titled "Multiple Instances of Ancient balancing selection shared between humans and chimpanzees". In the paper, there are 59 human individuals (36 females and 23 males) and 10 chimpanzee (9 females and 1 male). After snps were phased, significant LD were defined as follow: "In humans, we used the phased data provided by paper-1 and applied a Chi-square test, considering a p-value less than 0.005 as significant (i.e., r2 > 0.065) (35). For SNPs lacking phase information, we used the genotype data to calculate r2 and took the same cutoff for significance (r2 > 0.065). In chimpanzees, where the sample size is smaller, we applied Fisher’s exact test to the phased data obtained in paper-2 and regarded a p-value less than 0.1 as significant. For the unphased SNPs on the X chromosome, we applied a Chi-square test to the genotype data, considering a p-value less than 0.1 as significant (i.e., r2 > 0.135). "

I don't know how the threshold were calculated. I had found a formula by google, Chi-square=N*(r-square), and Chi-square(0.05, df-1)=3.84, since there are 59 individuals, so 3.85/59=0.065, am I right? And what about Fisher's exact test and how it was calculated? And how about X chromosome, since it only have one in male, if using above formula in Chi-square, what is N? Also, whether X chromosome in human and chimpanzee all use Chi-square with p-value less than 0.1 or human use Chi-square while chimpanzee still using Fisher's exact test?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Best wishes!
    Last edited by lamz138138; 04-29-2015, 06:42 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
    Yesterday, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses