SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repeating chipseq or chipseq with another antibody hawainpanda Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-12-2015 04:56 PM
Quantifying copies of a single locus robinweide Bioinformatics 0 10-17-2014 03:28 PM
Quantifying ChIP-seq signal from wiggle file polvo Bioinformatics 2 12-10-2013 11:53 PM
Indexing ChIPseq libraries using Illumina's TruSeq and ChIPseq kits Alex Clop Epigenetics 6 11-08-2012 12:07 PM
ChIPseq wig file with the input subtracted from ChIP sample abmmki Illumina/Solexa 1 08-02-2012 06:51 PM

Old 04-20-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
kajot

Default Quantifying ChIPseq signal for one sample

Hey Everybody,

I am trying to rank genes according to their phosphorylated CTD Pol II occupancy as a rough estimate of ongoing transcription.

I am using ENCODE Pol2 ChIPseq data, which means I have access to called peaks, raw and wiggle files. I would like to ask you if it's generally a good strategy to quantify signal from bigWig file using bigWigAverageOverBed UCSC tool for all the human genes in given cell line. I avoided using called narrow peaks in this case, as I believe this would approximate the polymerase stalling better than the actual transcription.

To assess this approach, I am correlating this quantified signal to RNAseq RPKM values from the same cell line and get Spearman correlation coefficient of around 0.62.

Is there a better way to rank genes by their ChIPseq signal in a single sample?

Thanks for any suggestions,
K.
kajot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
dpryan
Devon Ryan

Something along those lines should work. We normally use computeMatrix from deepTools for this sort of purpose, but if you only want a single value then bigWigAverageOverBed should give equivalent results.
dpryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
kajot

As always very helpful, Devon, I owe you few beers already

Thanks for the tip!
kajot is offline   Reply With Quote