Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I am interested in the bin_size as well. Which bin_size do you use in the second step:

./cnvnator -root file.root -chrom ch1 -his bin_size

And is the bin_size the same for the following steps?

Thanks
    Robby

Comment

Check out the supplemental in the CNVnator paper for a discussion on bin sizes and sensitivity.
      Copy number variation (CNV) in the genome is a complex phenomenon, and not completely understood. We have developed a method, CNVnator, for CNV discovery and genotyping from read-depth (RD) analysis of personal genome sequencing. Our method is based on combining the established mean-shift approach w …

Comment

Now i have already called CNV,but i don't know the format of CNV result.
        It does't look like "CNV_type coordinates CNV_size normalized_RD p-val1 p-val2"

It likes "deletion chr1:1-10000 10000 0 1.59373e-11 0 1.99216e-11 5.41313e-300 -1"

Why are my results a few more elements(columns)? And how to explain this situation?

Comment

Hello,

I have two qestions to show output.root and -genotype command.
          1. After I sucessfully got a result by -call 100, I run -genotype. But I didn't show any result as following:
          (command -call) ./cnvnator -root my_output.root -chrom chr20 -call 100
          ... displayed calls result...
          (command -genotype) ./cnvnator -root my_output.root -chrom chr20 -genotype 100
          > (no result)

Anyone know the reason? -view command also didn't give me any result.

2. In my output.root, I wish to know copy number as 0x, 1x. How can I show it, please?

Thanks your kind reply!!

Comment

CNVnator

Originally posted by gprakhar View Post
            Hello CNVboy,

If you want to view anything other than text while using ssh, you will have to use the "-X" option.

Regards,
            Prakhar Gaur

Would you give me a detail description about hou to use ssh -X to view genotype ??

Comment

I use ssh -X [email protected]…… ,but I can't see anything when I use
              [xug@pem610-006 src]$ ./cnvnator -root NA18507.root -view 100
              >chr12 11396601 11436500

would you help me ??

Comment

hello CNVboy,

I'm using Putty to log on our cluster. Could you tell me how to use ssh -X to visualising or genotyping the CNVnator result? Thanks

Comment

Dear members

I am running CNVnator tool for chicken, but I am having some problems with step 2. I read many forums and also the manual and I did not get any solution for it.

I ran the first step and it was ok. My command line was
                  Code:
                  cnvnator -root 1.root -genome /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa -tree /home/Sample_1/1sort.bam
                  But in the second step I got the error message when I ran only for 1 chromosome (this fasta file file is in my current directory):
                  Code:
                  Can't determine length for 'chr1.fa'. No reference genome specified.
                  I tried different command lines, and always the same error
                  Code:
                  cnvnator -root 1.root -genome /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa   -chrom  1 chr1.fa -his 100

cnvnator -root 1.root -genome –d /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa  -chrom  1 chr1.fa -his 100

cnvnator -root 1.root -genome /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa  -chrom  chr1 chr1.fa -his 100

cnvnator -root 1.root -genome /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa  -chrom  chr1.fa -his 100

Do you have any suggestion for it?

Comment

I have solved my problem, I do not need to include the name of the fasta file for each chromosome....it worked!

example
                    HTML Code:
                    cnvnator -root 1.root -genome /home/genomes/Ggallus.fa -chrom 1 -his 100
                    Other comment I got much more deletions than duplications, is it the expected?

Comment

Bin size

I know that there is information about the bin sizes in the supplemental material from CNVnator paper, and they recommend to test different sizes, and also higher the coverage, smaller the bin size.

I tested 3 different bins: 100, 150 and 200, and I got very different number of CNVs.
                      My coverage is about: 8-15X.

I dont know which bin is better to use...
                      Any suggestions??

Comment

hi CNV boy, can you let me know why ssh -X works on yours? It's not working on mine. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses