No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitelist subreads instead of ZMWs?

Hello -

I was wondering whether it is possible, in the whitelist.txt to use the format:
    Code:
    <movie>/<zmw>/<coord>_<coord>
    rather than the typical:
    Code:
    <movie>/<zmw>
    If not, what other ways are there to eliminate specific subreads, rather than the entire zmw?

Thanks,
    A

The short answer is no.

Whitelisting has been primarily used for contamination removal so per molecule has always been the expected use case.

What is the intention of removing one subread and not another from the same molecule? Could you achieve the same outcome using whitelist and minimum subread length?
    Last edited by rhall; 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello rhall and thanks for your reply.

To answer as shortly as possible:
      Due to some assembly issues, I want to select for assembly only those subreads that map to a reference genome for a minimum ratio of their length.

If a 12 Kb subread only gets 3 Kb mapping to the reference, filter out.
      If a 3.5 Kb subread from the same hole gets 3 Kb mapping to the reference, keep it.

I was thinking/wondering, that it might be an overkill to remove the whole ZMW.

Comment

So long as you are not really coverage limited, filtering by ZMW is probably the most straight forward.
        Otherwise you could use an assembler that allows fasta input, https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/FALCON or http://wgs-assembler.sourceforge.net...index.php/PBcR

Comment

I see. Will consider my options!

Thanks for the fast replies.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses