No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miRNA-mRNA interaction

Hello,

I am currently searching for methods to determine miRNA-mRNA interaction pairs based on (RNA-Seq) read count data. Following the great review of Muniategui et al. 2013, one main approach is to determine the correlation between miRNA and mRNA expression over several samples. Alternatives are regression-based or even Bayesian, and advanced methods include normalization of reads, restrict to differentially expressed observations, or test only pairs infered with computational target prediction.

This is already a lot of information, but I want to ask the community about practical experiences with these tools. Can you recommend a particular approach or tool (esp. for human cancer data)? What are your experiences with straightforward approaches, e.g. a simple (e.g.) Pearsons correlation coefficient on normalized read count data?

Then I've also found tools like Corna, Sigterms and MMIA, that use enrichment in gene lists, but, to my understanding, do not directly report interactions. Does anyone have experiences with these tools or can you recommend similar packages?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

We have worked with a non-model plant organism. We made a differential expression analysis (Trinity) and a miRNA expression analysis (UEA) and we used Pearson correlation. We also used degradome analysis to confirm the interactions.

Without degradome we get too many potential interacions which is suggest me a large number of false positives.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses