Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHORE/SHOREmap issues with CASAVA 1.8?

Can anyone get SHORE/SHOREmap to work with CASAVA 1.8 (Illumina Hi chemistry v3)? If so could they offer some tips?

My details follow:
    I have a lane of arabidopsis 2x100 (PE) sequence and am running SHORE/SHOREmap for the first time.

For the uninitiated, SHORE appears to be a general purpose NGS mapping pipeline capable of deploying a number of mapping engines, though it appears to prefer "genomemapper", for a number of different analysis tasks. SHOREmap is a visualization/analysis tool requiring, more or less, SHORE input.

The first part seems good:

SHORE v0.6.2beta (rev. c5f8-1879) pulls in the fastq files and aligns them to a TAIR9 fasta reference with genomemapper0.4.3. The PE correction and "merging" appear to go fine.

The problems start when I attempt to generate the homozygous_snp.txt file needed by SHOREmap to continue. Earlier versions of SHORE would have "shore consensus" run to do this. But:

(1) shore consensus with v0.6.2beta has a mysterious, new parameter, "-g" that I don't know how to set. This one:

Code:
       -g  INT        Core offset - do not trust the first and last -g positions of the alignment. default: max MM's
    so attempts to run consensus produce no joy.

(2) SHORE v0.6.2beta documentation recommends using "qvar" instead of consensus. Running qvar produces a gigantic (37G) "pileup.txt" file and, with some parameter settings, generates CNV info. But the homozygous_snps.txt file is always zero length.

(3) SHORE v0.5 "shore consensus" would be my second choice. But "shore import" chokes on the new CASAVA 1.8 header info (you know, the abandonment of the /1 and /2 fields?). So again: brick wall.

I don't see a forum or email list devoted to these programs. I emailed one of the authors, Stephan Ossowski, earlier this week. But no response so far.

Any advice?

--
    Phillip

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
0 responses