Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal cluster density for ChIP-seq in HiScan SQ.

Hi everyone,

I am about to have SR run (for ChIP seq libraries) on HiScanSQ. I wonder what is the optimal cluster density for unbalanced samples like ChIP-seq libraries (a lot of the same DNA sequences) with a PhIX spike-in around 40 - 50%? Does anyone spike-in the PhIX control for ChIP-seq, instead of scarifying one lane for it?

we do not spike our ChIP-Seq Libraries, but some transcription factor ChIPs may benefit from this. However, we are using the 40-50% spike-in for RRBS libraries which are really challenging when sequencing is performed on a HiScanSQ. We usually used a PhIX control lane, but in the last runs we omitted it. Although I am not sure if this was a good idea. It is hard to say if the quality of the runs would have been better in the end if we would have included a control lane.

Comment

spike-in of PhIX

Hellow,
      My question relates to the sequencing of RRBS library on HiscanSQ machine.
      When you perform spike-in for any RRBS library do you make any indexing of PhiX to better filter it out at the stage of alignment? When not do you find any way how to remove the reads of PhiX spiked in the library of interest.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by C.R. View Post
      we do not spike our ChIP-Seq Libraries, but some transcription factor ChIPs may benefit from this. However, we are using the 40-50% spike-in for RRBS libraries which are really challenging when sequencing is performed on a HiScanSQ. We usually used a PhIX control lane, but in the last runs we omitted it. Although I am not sure if this was a good idea. It is hard to say if the quality of the runs would have been better in the end if we would have included a control lane.

Comment

We bought the PhiX from Illumina. I am not sure, if there is an indexed one available. At least in the past this was not the case. This means that in fact we cannot exclude that some reads may come from PhiX contamination. Actually, I always filtered the reads for those which start with either CGG or TGG. Only a low percentage of reads in the PhiX Lanes fullfil this criteria. Next, in the past we used full Lanes PhiX as control Lane. Whenever I mapped these pure PhiX reads using the same conditions with bismark to human or mouse genome only a 1000 reads out of 40-60 millions of reads mapped at all. So it is a really small contamination in the end. On the other hand maybe the spike-in is not the best idea: some month later Illumina published their own version of the RRBS protocol. Here they do not recommend PhiX but say: 'It is highly recommended that you limit the cluster number for RRBS libraries to a 75–80% optimized cluster number for other genomic libraries, because of the unique CGG starting sequence in the first three bases'. This way also seems to work.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses