SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affy Sues Illumina in genome-analysis and array technologies Digi Illumina/Solexa 7 07-14-2013 01:18 PM
Comparing mouse and human differentially expressed genes stephenhart General 3 11-16-2011 02:14 AM
Downloading all mouse genes and up/downstream seuences fahmida General 2 05-10-2011 04:25 AM
PubMed: Massively parallel sequencing of ataxia genes after array-based enrichment. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 02-13-2010 03:10 AM
PubMed: Mutation discovery in the mouse using genetically guided array capture and re Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-25-2009 06:07 AM

Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Azazel

Default Comparing detected genes. Coords for probesets of Affy GeneChip Mouse 430 2.0 Array.

Does anyone know where I can download genomic coordinates (chromosome, strand, start, end) for all probesets of this microarray? I was searching the Affy website for a couple of hours, can't find it. The microarray in question is:

Affymetrix GeneChip Mouse Genome 430 2.0 Array

Admittedly this is a very microarray-centric question, but the reason I'm asking is this: I want to check if genes detected by the microarray are also detected by HT-Sequencing (not RNA-Seq actually, but similar).

I.e. I want to know if genes detected by the microarray have also been detected by the HT-Sequencing. The question is just whether the same genes have been detected or not, NOT whether similar expression levels have been detected.

From the HT-Sequencing, I have coordinates of sequenced tags. I want to map them to some intermediate (RefSeq) and compare with expression levels from the probesets, which is data that I also have. Because directly comparing sequenced tags against probesets is not very informative I think.

Suggestions for alternative approaches are also very welcome.

Thanks.
Azazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
ETHANol

With the R/Bioconductor package BiomaRt use this script

> library(biomaRt)
> ensembl = useMart("ensembl")
> ensembl = useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
> affyids <- read.delim("mytextfile.txt", header=F,stringsAsFactors=F)[,1]
> genelocs <- getBM(attributes = c("chromosome_name", "start_position",
"end_position", "strand"), filters = "affy_hg_u133_plus_2", values = affyids, mart = ensembl)
#### you can also use "affy_hg_u133_plus_2", "hgnc_symbol" to get affy probe set and gene symbol. "mytextfile.txt" is a list of Affy probe sets and you need to change the filter to your gene chip.

> data.frame(genelocs)
> write.table(genelocs, file = "genelocs.bed", append = FALSE, sep = "\t")
ETHANol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affymetrix, comparison, microarray