SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MiSeq gDNA reads still fail "Kmer content" and "per base seq content" after trimming" ysnapus Illumina/Solexa 4 11-12-2014 08:25 AM
Samtools and bcftools: Why aren't some of the calls "missing data". molecules Bioinformatics 0 01-10-2014 11:07 AM
"Bcftools mpileup" removes marked duplicates? angerusso Bioinformatics 0 03-05-2012 07:43 AM
BAM flags using "OR" RockChalkJayhawk Bioinformatics 1 02-06-2012 02:49 PM
comparing two samples using "bcftools -T" option? NanYu Bioinformatics 0 10-25-2011 08:01 AM

Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
lstbl

Default confusion about BCFtools "EXPRESSIONS" flags

I'm hoping someone can help me understand the "EXPRESSIONS" flags used in bfctools.

I'm trying to filter variants from a vcf file produced using the 'mpileup' program from samtools. Essentially, I want to perform a simple filtering step that will exclude all reads that don't pass a threshold (say, > 30% of the reads sequenced at that position)

This is what I I'm using now:
bcftools filter -i'%MIN(DV/DP)>.3' --output-type v -o mpileup.vcf

However, I'm a bit confused about the proper usage of "MIN".

According the bfctools documentation page, "MIN" should be used with "on FORMAT tags (over samples) and INFO tags (over vector fields)" see https://samtools.github.io/bcftools/...ml#expressions

However, I have no clue what this means. I'm not sure if I should drop the MIN and just filter using -i'%(DV/DP)>0.3'.
lstbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bfctools, mpileup, samtools