SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATAC-seq protocol wen yuan Sample Prep / Library Generation 65 08-11-2017 07:52 PM
Large DNA fragments after ChIP on histone modifications MGineste Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 11-04-2016 03:12 AM
Large No. small fragments Deep Amplicon Seq (454-GS-FLX)-demultiplexing problems aperdomos 454 Pyrosequencing 0 09-17-2012 11:28 PM
Circularization of Large Target Fragments HeidiJTP Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 06-14-2012 07:13 AM
Removal of large fragments? seqAll Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 01-13-2010 10:20 PM

Old 02-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #1
cfuttner

Default ATAC-Seq large fragments

Hi All,
We've been trying to optimize ATAC-Seq on sorted embryonic cell populations and have run into a possible problem. After library prep we QC with a BioAnalyzer and see a large peak at around 2000bp. This doesn't change with increased amounts of enzyme or increased incubation. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (74.8 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by cfuttner; 02-25-2015 at 07:50 AM.
cfuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
rbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuttner View Post
Hi All,
We've been trying to optimize ATAC-Seq on sorted embryonic cell populations and have run into a possible problem. After library prep we QC with a BioAnalyzer and see a large peak at around 2000bp. This doesn't change with increased amounts of enzyme or increased incubation. Any thoughts?
I have been using ES cells and for a while I was getting profiles like that. I started getting a greater proportion of small fragment peaks when I lowered the reaction volume to 5ul and used 2.5 ul of transposase and 2.5 ul TD. You will have to resuspend your lysed cells in the tagmentation mix. Skip the cleanup step after tagmentation. This method came from the original ATACseq paper for lower cell numbers. Hope that helps.

Last edited by rbd; 04-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.
rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:40 AM   #3
Tal Golan

Default ATAC-seq and bioanalyzer

Hi,
I have a 'side question'- In which Bioanalyzer (and kit) did you use? I suppose you used a kit suitable for DNA library with long fragments (>1Kb)..
Thanks
Tal Golan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
rbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Golan View Post
Hi,
I have a 'side question'- In which Bioanalyzer (and kit) did you use? I suppose you used a kit suitable for DNA library with long fragments (>1Kb)..
Thanks
Its the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer using the High Sensitivity DNA kit. Its intended for fragments under 1KB but the upper marker is at 10KB so you can see some of the larger fragments as well.
rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
tubear

Smile

how many cells you used in the reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbd View Post
I have been using ES cells and for a while I was getting profiles like that. I started getting a greater proportion of small fragment peaks when I lowered the reaction volume to 5ul and used 2.5 ul of transposase and 2.5 ul TD. You will have to resuspend your lysed cells in the tagmentation mix. Skip the cleanup step after tagmentation. This method came from the original ATACseq paper for lower cell numbers. Hope that helps.
tubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
Bertha77

Perhaphs increasing tagmentation time would help you.... also make sure the cell counts are correct
Bertha77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atac-seq, bioanalyzer, large fragments