SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D. melanogaster known SNPs and indels id0 Bioinformatics 6 08-26-2013 01:25 PM
Which method to confirm SNPs and indels? Jane M Bioinformatics 10 12-20-2012 03:31 PM
Retrieving reads with SNPs Gavin_Sherlock Genomic Resequencing 2 10-10-2012 09:54 AM
find all snps/indels prbndr Bioinformatics 2 09-20-2011 11:43 AM
1KG SNPs and Indels file mpiro Bioinformatics 4 01-31-2011 04:55 AM

Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Avro1986

Default Problem retrieving snps and indels from FVB mouse

Hi everyone!

I am looking at co-occurring events in transgenic FVB mice tumours. First, I need to filter out snps and indels. I was reading the following paper: Sequencing and characterization of the FVB/NJ mouse genome by Wong et al. 2012. The research group has identified snps and indels in the FVB with next-gen sequencing. I am trying to retrieve this data that is stored in a huge vcf file at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (http://www.sanger.ac.uk/resources/mouse/genomes/).

The file is huge and contains the genetic information of 18 different mouse strains (including FVB). I downloaded tabix/cvftools and installed their binaries to my PATH. My problem is that I don't know how to extract the SNP/indel coordinates (and what they are) from this file. I have already spent quite some time reading the documentation and googling, but I am stuck.

Has anyone done something similar? I would greatly appreciate if someone could please give me some hints.

Thank you!
Avro1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vcf, wellcome