SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pooling libraries across multiple lanes mattarno Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 09-18-2015 05:06 AM
DESeq in libraries with spike-in samples frymor Bioinformatics 2 12-17-2013 04:00 AM
Indexing Multiple Libraries - Illumina TJCooper13 Illumina/Solexa 0 11-13-2013 01:36 AM
Merge from multiple libraries + tophat + cufflinks vinay052003 RNA Sequencing 5 04-30-2012 04:19 PM
Automated size fractionation of samples or libraries james hadfield Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 08-17-2010 05:39 AM

Old 07-16-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
Punty

Question How to distribute samples into multiple libraries

Dear community,

I am complete newbie to all of this; I apologize for my glaring na´vetÚ in advance.

My issue: I do not know how to distribute my RNA samples into three libraries such that they are equally balanced and unbiased for RNAseq.

My RNA samples are from patient biopsies obtained from multiple institutions, extracted on different days, and from a heterogeneous patient population.

I have multiple variables that I would like to balance between the three libraries, including, but not limited to:

-Disease State
-Disease Score
-Patient Age
-Patient Sex
-Clinic

Additionally, I would also like to balance the libraries in terms of RNA quality (RIN), date of extraction, and who did the extraction...

Overall, my goal is to get three libraries that are equally weighted for everyone of those factors I listed (and likely more...). Is this a good strategy? And if so, how would you go about doing this?

Thank you for any tips or resources!

-Punty
Punty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:31 AM   #2
GenoMax

I don't fully understand what you are asking but is this with reference to downstream data analysis (factors to be added in model). Is that correct?
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote