X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only this file size ~200k

Comment

I just tried v.1.1.1. No problems.

What is this addition (--wrapper basic-0) to the command line you are using?

Comment

that is not my addition... that only comes out in the error message. I only used:
        bowtie2-build plasmids.fna plasmids
        or
        bowtie-build plasmids.fna plasmids

Comment

I am not seeing (--wrapper basic-0) in the log output from the build process anywhere.

Comment

yes, like I say, that only comes up in the error I get.

Comment

I can only think its something to do with my available ram and the way bowtie splits files.. a bad coincidence maybe..

Comment

I would ask you to write to the authors of bowtie but chances of getting a response are slim.

If you are able to use a different program then I recommend BBMap. Give it a try. Simple to use and fast. Plus Brian (its author) participates actively on SeqAnswers.

Comment

I am waiting to hear from our server admin to see if we can try some other configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by susanklein View Post
                    I can only think its something to do with my available ram and the way bowtie splits files.. a bad coincidence maybe..
                    I remember you saying somewhere in this thread that you had 80G so that should not be an issue.

Comment

thanks i will try bbmap

Comment

hmm.. bbmap doesn't work. Java. Hate java

$ ~/bin/bbmap/bbmap.sh ref=plasmids.fna
                        java -Djava.library.path=/OSM/HOME-MEL/all29c/bin/bbmap/jni/ -ea -Xmx33004m -cp /OSM/HOME-MEL/all29c/bin/bbmap/current/ align2.BBMap build=1 overwrite=true fastareadlen=500 ref=plasmids.fna
                        Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: align2/BBMap : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
                        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
                        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
                        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
                        Could not find the main class: align2.BBMap. Program will exit.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                        • seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                        0 responses