No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampure XP buffer

Hi, all,

I just want to know if 10% PEG 8000 and 1.25 M NaCl in final concentration would work for Ampure XP or what is the optimal concentration. In the manual, it said that only fragment > 100bp are retained. If I want to keep fragments ~ 50 bp, could I make it work by just increasing the salt/PEG concentration? Another question: can the beads still be used after 10 min cooking at 95 C? I know the best way is to test those by myself, but I'd like to hear from anyone already had some experience. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about heating the beads a lot, but if you have say 12% PEG at 1.25 M NaCl you might be able to keep stuff at 50bp. Certainly I think at 15% PEG you can keep it. 10 will be a bit too low from personal experience. I don't think it's necessary to increase the salt concentration further.

Comment

Thank you, Heisman. I will test 15% PEG and I will post the results.

Comment

In my experience, you'll have to test with your specific lot/manufacturer of PEG. Molecular weight and the distribution of sizes differ a fair amount, and can affect the cutoff.

There are several papers around that describe knock off buffers (and I think they are all in this thread: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3752 )...but if you're looking for a specific cutoff, the likelihood that you'll have to test your own buffer is extremely high.

Comment

Originally posted by cli View Post
          Thank you, Heisman. I will test 15% PEG and I will post the results.
          Hi, Cli, I'm also interested in keeping fragments down to 60nt. Mine is fragmented RNA 60~200nt. I heard the RNAClean XP is the same beads with AMPure XP, just different buffer. So I'm curious if the increasing concentrations of PEG worked out for you. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, PigletIA, I have tested 15% PEG for SPRI cleanup. The 100 bp fragment was kept but not the 50 bp fragment. I didn't try higher concentration of PEG.

Comment

Originally posted by cli View Post
              Hi, PigletIA, I have tested 15% PEG for SPRI cleanup. The 100 bp fragment was kept but not the 50 bp fragment. I didn't try higher concentration of PEG.
              This is good to know, Cli! I guess it's not gonna be easy otherwise they've already figured it out...
              Thanks a lot!
              Lan

Comment

SpriSelect

Does Anyone have suggestions for Ratios to use for SpriSelect if I want to target 520bp range for cDNA?

Comment

XP and Axygen buffer Maldi analysis

Hi, i had used Maldi mass to detect two types of buffer. the one is XP buffer and
                  the other is axygen buffer. Here is the result:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	axygen.png
Views:	2
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	304769

Click image for larger version

Name:	XP.png
Views:	2
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	304770

everyone could tell me the results whether contained PEG8000 and PEG2000? or had other answer?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses