Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by win804 View Post
    Thanks Li Heng. I just want to confirm that nothing is wrong with the sorted bam file.

Thanks a lot.
    You may convert to sam and count the lines as a proxy for checking.
    but yes as lh3 mentioned sorted files compress better due to the compression algorithm
    http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

• There was a discussion on how the CS tag should be generated in sam files according to the specs. Is there a consensus on how it is to be done?

I have to write a script to append the CS tag info to the BWA alignment of SOLID reads. I am hoping to make it as painless as possible.
      http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Is there sam2maq (sam to maq map format)? I am testing simulated data and like to convert ssaha2 alignment to maq output so that I can analyze them in maq. I cerated all the simu data in maq.
        Thank you.

Comment

• Dear All,

Do you know if samtools can perform multiple commands (>2) together? Here assuming that I have ten BAM files (result001.bam, result002.bam,......result010.bam) and want to merge them first and then sort and index them, the last step I hope is to extract the data for chromosome 1 (chr1), how can I edit the samtools command? I did it like this:
          samtools merge result.bam result001.bam result002.bam ............result010.bam |\
          samtools sort - result | \
          samtools index result.bam | \
          samtools view result.bam chr1 > resultchr1.bam

Is it right?

Thank you very much!

Wu

Comment

• Hi lh3

Originally Posted by xguo
            I got a list of candidate SNPs using BWA and samtools for RNASeq data, and am trying to weigh various filtering options. "samtools.pl varFilter" gives a list of filtering criterion with default setting. The maximum read depth is set at 100. Given that duplicate reads have been removed by "samtools rmdup", do I still need to limit the maximum read depth?

replied by lh3:
            Yes, you need this unless you are doing target sequencing in which case the read depth is expected to vary a lot.

My question

If we are doing variant calling in exome capture analysis, do i need to limit the max read depth when using samtool varFilter tool?

Comment

• It depends on regions. If a region is repetitive then you need to filter out possible duplications which can cause artificial hetero SNPs. "Repetitive" here means kmer uniqueness --- how many times a given kmer (30mer for example) can be found in a reference.

Comment

• I was trying to convert my single read illumina file to SAM format using the export2sam.pl script. It does not work and gives the following error:

Use of uninitialized value $t[21] in string ne at export2sam.pl line 67, <$fh1> line 14063.

Here is a sample data from my file.

HWUSI-EAS174_0025:2:1:5:488#0/1:CGGAGAATACGCTCCCATTCCCCCNGNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTNTGATCTTAGATCGGA:aabbbbb_baaa_a]ab`_aBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
                HWUSI-EAS174_0025:2:1:5:1542#0/1:TGGATGCCTAGGCAATCAGAGGCGNANANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNANGTGATAAGCAGCGAA:abbbabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

How do I resolve it ? Is there any other way?

A.

Comment

• I converted the all.map file generated from MAQ tool to SAM format using maq2sam-long in samtools. The output file I named as Out. Now when I try to convert Out file (which is in SAM format) to BAM format using the command
                  samtools view -S Out

I get an error message that header @ not found. When I edit the Out file by manually adding @ at the top, more errors appear. What should I do? Is there a fault in the SAM file generated by the converter maq2sam ? Is there any other way to convert SAM file to BAM file? I tried 'samtool import' and that also does not work.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSTbioinformatics View Post
                    Question about the output of bwa?

I got the output, see below:
                    HWI-EAS307:1:54:758:902#0 20 19641_CLSZ1904.b1_P20.ab1_CLSZ_L._sativa_library_forward_335 301 20 36M * 0 0 CAAATCGGTGTGTTTTCACTGGTCGTGCTCGTTCCG aabaaaaaaaaababaa`aaaabaabaabbabaaaa XT:A:U NM:i:1 X0:i:1 X1:i:2 XM:i:1 XO:i:0 XG:i:0 MD:Z:35T0 XA:Z:13134_QGB27J17.yg.ab1_QGB_L._sativa_library_forward_448,-58,36M,2;7061_CLS_S3_Contig6993_CLS_S3_L._sativa_library_forward_968,-404,36M,2;

I can not understand the flag value 20. I used "samse" to process single reads.
                    "XT:A:U" indicates the read uniquely mapped to the reference, why i still got XA for alternative alignment inforamtion?
                    It is confused me. Someone could help me a bit for that? Thank you very much
                    It's also confused me that "XT:A:U" and "XA:..." information came up in one alignment. Could anyone please explain that? Thanks a lot! And if i only care about uniquely mapped reads, is this kind of reads what i want?

Comment

• sam to bam conversion not taking place

samtools import example.sam example.bam

This command does not work. Gives error:

Usage: bamtk import <in.ref_list> <in.sam> <out.bam>

What to do? What is in.ref_list ?

Comment

• Does anybody know of a utility/script for converting .SAM/BAM files into .SOAP? I know that there are scripts out there to go from SOAP->SAM, but I can't find anything going the other way.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by aby View Post
                          samtools import example.sam example.bam

This command does not work. Gives error:

Usage: bamtk import <in.ref_list> <in.sam> <out.bam>

What to do? What is in.ref_list ?
                          Use faidx to make a .fai file, use that for the in.ref.list. It works for me.

Comment

• Hi Heng,

Can you please explain about the new feature of samtools (ie) multisample pile up? Thanks.

Comment

• Comment

• Okay, I have solved my problems. Seems there is a script to add the header file, and different command options for conversion to Bam.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses