SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Align long sequences to genome reference Amative Bioinformatics 2 07-17-2012 06:05 AM
align small reads on small sequences NicoBxl Bioinformatics 2 08-18-2011 04:21 AM
Align multiple sequences in tabular or fasta format pchiang Bioinformatics 7 07-01-2011 10:18 PM
Splitting concatenated PE fastq to two files for respect reads JayM Illumina/Solexa 5 11-05-2010 02:58 AM
PubMed: PASS: a Program to Align Short Sequences. Newsbot! Bioinformatics 0 02-17-2009 05:00 AM

Old 11-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
Lilach

Default how to align concatenated and sheared sequences?

Hi,

I enriched DNA targets by PCR, them concatenated (ligated) the DNA and sheared it to get ~300 bp sequences.
The problem is that each read may include sequences from two different genomic regions.
The sequencing was performed with HiSeq PE x 100.
How can I do the alignment with free software?

In regular enrichments (RNA hybridization) I'm just using bwa and samtools, but I don't know if it is suitable for this case as well?

Thanks,
Lilach
Lilach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
swbarnes2

I think that's going to be ugly; with short reads, you need speed, and you can't break apart 100 Mreads a thousand ways each to see how the two ends might best map on separate reference sequences.

You could try making concatenated reference sequence for those reads to align to.
swbarnes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Lilach

Thanks for the answer, although I hope there will be an easier way...
I know what will be the PCR products. Is there any efficient algorithm that can concatenate these known sequences in all possible ways and "break" to pieces, to see what I get? Then I could align my results to this database?
But I still have to "label" somehow each PCR product before the concatenation to know where it came from? or at least where are the end points or original sequences?
Lilach is offline   Reply With Quote