Clear All

• weird fastqc error

Here is how I run it: fastqc file.fastq -o output

Results:
    Approx 95% complete for 1.fastq
    Approx 100% complete for 1.fastq
    Analysis complete for 1.fastq
    Failed to process file 1.fastq

Why it says "failed" while the analysis is also marked as complete? so confused ... can someone help?

Since this is a pair-ended seq, I run the fastqc on both fastqs at the same time, still errors ...

Comment

Are you getting any results in "output" irrespective of the "failed' message?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
        Are you getting any results in "output" irrespective of the "failed' message?
        Thanks for the response. I did get a *fastq.zip file, but when I failed to unzip it, it gave me this error msg:
        End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
        a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
        latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
        the last disk(s) of this archive.

Comment

Are you able to run the GUI for FastQC to test (just run fastqc without any other options)? Are you running this on a server or a local machine (what OS)?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            Are you able to run the GUI for FastQC to test (just run fastqc without any other options)? Are you running this on a server or a local machine (what OS)?
            I am thinking the same thing. I run my fastqc on a linux server ... maybe I should fire up GUI and directly run it on my iMAC

Comment

I have had similar problems recently, when I have been analysing Illumina 150 or 250 bp PE samples, and using the --nogroup option.

FastQC seemed to have completed the analysis, but then the output file didn't get printed.

I can't remember whether I also got a Java out of memory error message.

I solved my problem by modifying the fastqc perl script that is used
              to run fastqc from the commandline, and increasing the amount of memory.
              The default is Xmx250m.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses