Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softclipping of primers for Fluidigm / Raindance PCR based methods

When performing target enrichment of large panels of genes using a PCR based method such as Fluidigm or Raindance, primers of varying lengths are used to amplify targets. I am looking for a tool to remove the known primer sequences. I know Illumina has incorporated such a tool in the miseq reporter for truseq custom amplicons, but I have not been able to find a similar tool to incorporate into the standard CASAVA (or other) pipelines. I contacted Illumina about this, but, of course, they were no help. I have also attempted to use cutadapt, but it is not working. And, since the primer sequences are of varying length, I cannot simply remove X number of bases at the beginning of the read.

In my pipeline for MiSeq amplicon analysis I align the reads keeping the primers on, and then just ignore the primer areas in downstream analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenlyse View Post
      In my pipeline for MiSeq amplicon analysis I align the reads keeping the primers on, and then just ignore the primer areas in downstream analysis.
      In some cases, there might be overlapping primers and amplicons where simply ignoring the areas wouldnt be a good idea. In those cases, trimming is still important as the variant allele frequencies might be inaccurate, but seems there are no ready to use tools out there!
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses