X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast2go pipeline

dear all,

I have two questions about blast2go.

1. Is the blast2go pipeline(b2g4pipe) still free to use. Because I checked the website of Blast2Go. The command line version need to buy. Are there any free software likw Blast2Go and it is free?

2. I still have the version 2.5 of b2g4pipe. Today, I tried to run it again. I found I can not connect to database b2g_aug12 anymore, the error message is the following:

Problem connecting to database b2g_aug12 on publicdb.blast2go.com as blast2go with password starts with bla*****: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "Access denied for user 'blast2go'@'%' to database 'b2g_aug12'"
    Database or network connection (timeout) error for: publicdb.blast2go.com
    Annotation of 0 seqs with 0 annots finished. Now searching for orfan IPRs...
    B2G-Pipe finished

Could somebody gives me a suggestion?

Thank you.

Silas

The good news is that b2g4pipe v2.5 is still freely available at http://www.blast2go.com/data/blast2go/b2g4pipe_v2.5.zip

This was working fine for me with automated testing for my Galaxy Blast2GO (for pipelines) wrapper against the older b2g_jun11 database until a few weeks ago. In the short term I disabled the test, but have not had time to investigate if a more recent database is still available to this older version of Blast2GO: https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_bl...982c1f9fef6987

Note that I did see network/connection failures from time to time - so you should retest your system, perhaps at different times of day to try and connect at a low usage time (e.g. very early morning in Spain, late night in USA).

However, it is clear that from v3 onwards BioBam Bioinformatics will be charging for the command line tool. It is possible they might stop supporting v2.x before too long, and given most people use their public database this would force upgrades. Wait and see?

Comment

Thank you for your reply. At least the package v2.5 is still free. I found the current database becomes b2g_sep13. Now everything is okay.

Silas

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses