No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAST database error - when changing to new BLAST+ local program

Hi,
    I used local BLAST a while ago and have problem when changing to the new BLAST+.
    I put the .../ncbi-blast-2.2.24+/bin and .../ncbi-blast-2.2.24+/db into $PATH

and execute the command
    /local/.../blastp -query input -out output.fa -db nr -evalue 0.001

error returned:
    BLAST Database error: No alias or index file found for protein database [nr] in search path [/local/.../ncbi-blast-2.2.24+/bin::]

==========================
    What does this error mean?
    Has the query input query format changes in the new BLAST+?

It can't find your blast database (have you shortened the error message? The search path looks funny). There is an environment variable you can set, or just pass the full path rather than just nr.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I've tried putting the full path for nr db, but it seems BLAST still search within my current directory.

But, I found a work-around that I put all my query in the folder of nr database, and now it can work fine.

Although I checked the configuration guide again but cannot find ".ncbirc" file they mentioned on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/staff/ta...nix_setup.html

Originally posted by maubp View Post
      It can't find your blast database (have you shortened the error message? The search path looks funny). There is an environment variable you can set, or just pass the full path rather than just nr.

Comment

try setting the environment variable BLASTDB to the location of your database, that should do the trick.

Comment

There is no need of move your blast database. At least for the linux version of the blast+, setting up the appropriate file's owners and permitions will fix the problem.
          G'Luck,
          ferreirafm
          Last edited by ferreirafm; 06-15-2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses