SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why alignment of sequence reads to a reference can be inaccurate towards the ends of blaboon Bioinformatics 13 12-15-2014 03:14 PM
Aligning virus reads against reference genome flacchy Bioinformatics 8 02-18-2014 09:57 PM
Aligning/Mapping Illumina reads to reference in Geneious problem Illusive Man Illumina/Solexa 5 09-04-2013 05:04 AM
Aligning RNA-seq reads to the personal genomes instead of the Reference Genome var RNA Sequencing 1 09-06-2012 12:39 PM
Aligning contigs w.rt reference sequence kasutubh Bioinformatics 7 03-11-2010 12:17 PM

Old 12-01-2016, 04:23 AM   #1
Fatih

Arrow Aligning Reads with Overhangs on the Ends (Edges) of Reference Contigs or Scaffolds

Hi all!

Does anyone know any option in any software that could say:

"In the case a read aligns to the beginning or end of a contig/scaffold of the reference but has an overhang, as long as the matching part is longer than some threshold, do not think of the overhang as mismatch, and calculate mapping just based on the part that actually aligns"

A short example:

reference contig= AAGCTTCACACATATAT
read= CACGTATGAAAGCTT

So I want to keep these reads, but the mismatch caused by the overhang causes these reads to be excluded from the alignment.
I have short contigs in the reference and short reads, and this gives me very bad alignment results at the beginnings and ends of the reference contigs.

Many Thanks!

Last edited by Fatih; 12-01-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Fatih is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, assembly, mismatch, non-model, snp